Reece's Disclaimer

My blog is about the funny things that happen to my family and I during our daily life. Wether it be just a funny joke that I heard, or some kind of other thing Linda and I think is funny (usually about the race differences we share). This blog is for amusement purposes only. If you are offended in anyway by its content...I'm sorry, but I'm not changing it. =)

Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Differences of Opinion


Last week, Linda and her family went to LA just to hang out and play. (Yes, I was invited but I couldn't go because of school.) One of the nights there, Linda called me and we talked about our days. I told her that I was at my parents house hanging out max, relaxin all cool...she then asked me what I had for dinner. I told her hamburger patties, corn, and green beans. Linda then laughed and said, "That's so typical white." I laughed and asked what she had to eat that night. Her response was duck embrio, liver, and cow intestine. I continued to laugh and said how gross that would be. She responded by saying how boring my meal would be.
This just goes to show that however you are raised determines how you will grow up...Linda and I told our parents what the other had for dinner to see what they would say. My parents said, "Why would they eat that?!?" Linda's parents said, "Why would they settle with that?!?" Something to think about.

2 comments:

  1. LoL.

    I always laugh when i hear the Seinfeld skit about chop sticks.. this may have no relevance to Vietnamese, but it was the first thing that came to mind :)

    "I'll tell you what I like about Chinese people. They're hanging in there with the chopsticks,aren't they? You know they've seen the fork. They're staying with the sticks. I don't know how they missed it. Chinese farmer gets up, works in the field with a shovel all day. Shovel. Spoon. Come on. You're not plowing 40 acres with a couple of pool cues!"

    WHAT'S THE DEAL

    ReplyDelete